Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Associate Professorship in project management and organization at the Department of Organization.
In announcing an associate professorship in project management and organization, the department wishes to strengthen three areas of interest: 1) Research on project management from an organization theoretical or sociology of organizations perspective; 2) Collaboration with business and society regarding project management practices in organizations and project management research; 3) Teaching project management theory and practice in bachelor, masters’ and executive programs.
Examples of research areas that the associate professor might cover:
• Project management and decision-making in uncertain and complex contexts
• Project management and organizing of innovation and creative processes
• Relations between projects and organizations
• Projectification of society and critical studies of project management
• Knowledge and learning in the field of project management
• Tension and challenges in project management and organization
Department of Organization (IOA) pursues a problem-oriented, business in society approach to understanding and intervening in organizations and organizational life. Our research is focused upon organizing processes and their outcomes from an interdisciplinary social-scientific perspective, and driven by an interest in organization and management as a practical, situated, contested and changing matter. Methodologically, our research is predominantly qualitative and often involves case study and field work methodology.
Teaching responsibilities of the Department comprise undergraduate and graduate teaching as well as teaching in post-experience and doctoral education.
The Associate Professorship is a tenured position with research and teaching obligations.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department.
• Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education
• Individual and group based research meeting high international standards
• Promoting CBS’s academic reputation
• Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
• Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
• Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks
• Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate.
• Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
• Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
• Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
The associate professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
• Advanced degree in an appropriate field
• Documented teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios.
• Documented research production at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals
• Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
• Teaching and research experience within the area of project management and organization
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact: Head of Department Signe Vikkelsø, tel.: +45 3815 2827, e-mail email@example.com. Information about the department may be found at: http://www.cbs.dk/en/research/departmen ... ganization
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
1. A statement of application.
2. Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
3. Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
4. Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level.
5. Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
6. A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
7. Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration).
An expert committee will be reviewing the received job applications. The committee’s recommendation of each candidate will be submitted to the person in question.
Closing date: January 1, 2017.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at http://www.cbs.dk.
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:55 am.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest